Monday, April 14, 2014

My fabric picture wins

I entered a fabric art picture of a walled garden that I visited at Boughton Castle a couple of years ago on a Garden Tour with Angus Stewart. This picture was created using several techniques including raw edge applique, couching, free machining and thread painting.

Today I found out that my picture has won the Fiber Art section of the Tumut's 57th Annual Art Show.  Not only has it won but I have also sold it.  This is the second picture I have sold at the gallery in the past few weeks.  It is small thread painting done on silk.

I will hopefully be starting on another fabric art picture very soon. There are a many different designs going around in my head.
Where to find the time can be a bit of a problem but will have to make time.
Dorothy

No comments:

Post a Comment