Friday, July 6, 2012

Australian Quilt Cruise Workshop Preview

Amanda Daly's second workshop is a memory quilt of the cruise.  This quilt offers offers techniques including raw edge applique, raw edge reverse applique, partial seams. The picture shows the New Zealand version.  There will be a choice of this a Pacific Island,  with gecko's turtles, hibiscus flowers and palm trees etc, and an Australian version, will be gum leaves, flannel flowers and banksia etc, as well.

In the Round - New Zealand Version
I am working on my second workshop and will have it posted soon.  This uses batiks however it can also be done in a variety fabrics.  At the beginning of September Tony and I are going to Bali with a group of quilters from Canberra.  We will be visiting the batik factories and I hope to bring back fabrics to put together kits for this workshop.  I am also going to do a version with turned machine applique.

Happy quilting

Dorothy

No comments:

Post a Comment